First off, I apologize for taking a few days off. I’ve been fighting a cold, and sleep was needed. But anyway, I’m back and I’m ready to talk FOOD.
I grew up in a family of wonderful chefs – my Grandmothers, Aunts, and my mother. I married into an equally food-tastic family. I will not eat potato salad, stew or corned beef hash (among other things) that has not been cooked by my mother-in-law, I crave the Portuguese sausage of her father, Papa Caldeira, and I’m often spoiled by the marvelous baking and cooking of my sisters (in-law). So to choose just five is a challenge for sure.
Today, at this moment my five top food choices would be:
1. Grandma Peg and Aunt Ann’s Manicotti
2. My mother’s (oh gosh how do I pick one?) Chicken Madeira with stuffed mushrooms
3. Corned Beef Hash, made only by my mother-in-law (aka “Vovo”)
4. Papa Caldeira’s Portuguese Sausage (put it in Aunty Brenda’s Gondule Rice and I’m in HEAVEN)
5. CRAB. Preferably King Crab with lots of melted butter and lemon
I know I cheated a teeny bit on #4, but oh well.
Please stop by the blog where I found this super cool challenge: http://www.mauimompreneur.com/. Say hi to Maui blogger/Mom/ entrepreneur Luana. She has no idea who I am, but I’m sure thankful for this fun challenge she shared with me & her readers!