So as a full-time working mother of three young children, travel is not exactly on my mind. But, just because it’s not on my mind, doesn’t mean I don’t allow myself a quick mental vacation or two from time to time dreaming of other places I’d rather be. If I knew I could travel to six places, I know where I would want to go. I wonder if it will surprise anyone.
1. Maui – it’s where my mom, dad, and brother Adam, sister-in-law Sachi, and nephew AJ are and I miss them
2. Las Vegas – not for the gambling, but to see my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and my adorable nephews (and their new house and cute puppy, too!)
3. New Jersey: (1) Kearny – to visit with my Grandma Peg and Aunt Tracy, and (2) Sea Girt (after first convincing my Aunt & Uncle to come down from Ridgewood) to see the renovations to my Grandparents house and visit with them
4. New York – to visit with Aunt Patty and experience the awesomeness of NY as an adult
5. Abingdon, Maryland – to visit with my cousin and her beautiful family, Aunt and Uncle
6. Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania – to visit with my cousin and his family
Ya know, I would actually need two more places, so I could make my rounds to all my family that I’ve been so far removed from since we moved to Hawai’i in 1988. So my bonus mentions are Hobe Sound, Florida and Tulsa, Oklahoma.