This number of the challenge is true to its name. I’m FEARFUL to even allow myself to think too much about all that I fear. I know I could have gone the “easy” way, and listed spiders and centipedes and big giant cockroaches, but I wanted to really challenge myself to dig a little deeper. I’m uncomfortable, though. It makes me feel more vulnerable. So, please be kind when you read…I usually try to hide these away:
1. I fear that every year of school for my younger girl is going to be as challenging as this one has been.
2. I fear that my parenting choices aren’t “right.” That I’ll fail my children.
3. I fear that I’m not doing enough to show my husband how much I love and appreciate him…that I’m not a “good wife.”
4. I fear illness and injury, specifically with regard to my family.
5. I fear that my children will grow up not really knowing my family.
6. I fear job loss/financial crisis.
7. I fear for my students – they have so many needs, and end up in some scary situations. I don’t want them to be hurt or hurt themselves.
8. I fear my fears…I am a worrier, and sometimes I think I’m just on the brink of letting my worries get the best of me.
“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.”